Provider - Hulu Live TV

Yeah they did that to me a few months ago. But I only had to change my password. They didn't tell me I had to. I tried to log into hulu from the website and it forced me to change the password.

2 Likes

I have not been able to enter a code on the popup when it gives me the error. It looks like a screenshot, and I can't get it to take the code, even though Hulu sends the email. And when I try to log into the site directly it always lets me in so there is not anywhere to enter the code. It's like the addition of the source is causing it to send an email, but I don't get to see the website to enter the code, only a screenshot. Unless there is something to do to allow me to enter the code that I don't know.

1 Like

My screenshot was from the hulu website to enter the code in. Once you do that then try to add the user and password in channels.

2 Likes

Thank you jxxaxxy!! Your help was the key! I looked through all the devices on my Hulu account, deleted an old TV Everywhere device, re-added it, and it all worked. Since I had already changed the password, it did not even ask for validation!

Thank you so much!

Nice!

1 Like

That's why I posted this above Provider - Hulu Live TV - #107 by chDVRuser

1 Like

You're right, I was just not smart enough at that point in time to completely understand your post. I missed the "from Hulu" at the end. Thank you.

Either way glad you got it working.

I am also glad. I learned a lot by going through it, and would not have gotten there without you guys to help. So appreciated.

No problem Glad you got it working.
Like I said, I don't use Hulu so was just posting the link of a user that fixed it.

Going to move this thread to the end of the Official one so other Hulu users will see it

Thanks! You nailed it!

My Channels Server is on a Synology box that has no web browser.

My Hulu account got hacked. Hulu Support made me change my password 9 times, tried to baby-talk me into typing the password without errors, and then admitted that my account was hacked. They switched to a new email address. So now I am online again with a new account.

In channels running on the Synology, when I add the Hulu Source, Hulu demands that an emailed verification code be entered. Channels is not capable of sending that code since Channels is not a full web browser. The Hulu account admin webpage has no way to change or disable the security, and no way to enter the code from the admin screen. The "add your device" code is only for Hulu apps running on a device--the emailed verification code does not work there.

So I think this problem is unsolvable. I'm not going to request that Channels add a little browser into the TVE routine because it seems like a lot of work for just little ol' me. Unless...

Does anyone else have Channels Server running on a linux box they control remotely via web interface? And Hulu? <crickets>

I have a Synology NAS using Hulu TV and was able to add channels. I recall having to login to Channels one time on another computer in the same network at home and then when I went to rescan it did fine. That was probably 3-4 weeks ago, so I may be misremembering the steps.

However, right now when I try and re-add the NFL channel, I get an e-mail sent to me with a one time code so clearly in that situation, it's looking to validate through a webpage which does me no good since my NAS doesn't have the ability to have a web browser within the NAS environment.

1 Like

Thanks, jator. Nice to know I'm not alone on this.

I think the Email Verification is new to Hulu. And the forced password changes. A few weeks ago, all my TV stopped getting Hulu (an "unknown error on our end. Try again later.") and it took me an hour to figure out that they invalidated my password and required a new one.

Perhaps they had a data breach, and they are trying to quietly mitigate it.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me about 2 months ago. Channels started falling off and then when I tried to login to hulu it forced me to change the password right away. So either they got hacked or they are moving services to a different login and it required it. Over the past month I have had people trying to reset my password. Getting the e-mail to change it. So they are totally trying to hack it again.

1 Like

That email thing is strange. I get that every 3 or 4 weeks, repeated emails providing a verification code, and it seems that my Hulu TVE tuner is broken until I manually intervene to fix this. I do wonder if this is a result of Hulu requiring an occasional verification, then Channels DVR attempting to tune a TVE channel - the last time this happened, I couldn't tune TVE channels and every time I tried a new channel I got a new email.

Additionally, how do I ensure that Google Chrome is always letting a Hulu login (either at Hulu.com or any other TVE site) have my location data? It seems I can do this with a standard browser to some degree, but not an incognito window (unless forced in one session manually), I suppose by design. Do I need to have an incognito window open to Hulu.com and minimized on the PC at all times (with location data enabled) to prevent this situation?

1 Like

Hi all, I just moved to Hulu Live as well and what I'm seeing is I have to go through the 2FA process only from any new external IP address. So, I think if you get a new IP address from your ISP, you will be required to go through the 2FA process again. Just sign in from the same computer or LAN that goes through the same gateway / external IP address, go through the 2FA process, then any device in your LAN should be able to get through afterwards. Good luck!!

Hulu uses its apps for TV devices to set your "home" location. They use this info to determine your location for local stations but they also provide more leniency to devices on the same IP. I don't use the Hulu app much but I have had zero issues with TVE authentication and 2FA since logging into it on my ATV.

2 Likes

I had a mishap yesterday that jogged my memory a bit. With my Hulu Live TV sub I get Disney+ as a rider. I changed my password on the Disney+ website yesterday, forgetting that it was tied to my Hulu account, so it ultimately changed my Hulu password at the same time. Of course this took a few minutes of looking through the Channels DVR log to see why it couldn't authenticate Hulu-TVE, and I scratched my head for a few minutes, then realized what had happened.

It did, however, make me think about logging in to Disney+ while traveling, and what the implications might be to my Channels DVR, Hulu-TVE authentication at home.

Disney doesn't have any geo restricitons for local content that I am aware of like Hulu does for the local broadcast so you should be fine. Others may have more insight, but I'd put a 5 spot on my belief being accurate. :wink: