Provider - Philo

So, if I want to get a channel that only one of the big cord cutter services have, for example, Philo has Discovery Family channel, while YT Tv or Sling do not.

But if i am understanding how Channels TVE works, it does not even utilize the providers source to get the channels access and data stream. It only works if the channel network it self has a certain direct access login somewhere, that uses the said "Provider" login credentials.

So, no matter how many of the online streaming services I sign up for and connect via TVE, even if I have several of them, I will only still get just access to the same "supported channels" list, regardless of what channels each service offers via its own interface/app....so if I have a connected TVE Provider, that does not have Discovery Family, and add a service that does...I still will not get the channel in Channels DVR?

is this correct?

Just dont want to go waste my time and money setting up additional things if they are not gonna work...trying to find a way to dumb my ever increasing CATV service and go all online provider only...but a few of the channels i want, are spread across multiple providers.

1 Like

Yes there is a fixed list of supported channels. You can click the pencil icon under any TVE source, then click Edit at the top right to see the full list of available channels.

1 Like

My Nickelodeon channels from Philo are missing. Is there a way to add them?

1 Like

Nickelodeon channels are not available via TV Everywhere.

Nickelodeon doesn't offer a live stream via tv everywhere

I just seen an advert for Philo on Facebook for the TV everywhere, they say just login with your Philo info and u can stream these channels.
I notice that A&E is listed.....but it had been said here that that chan does not support TVE....so....what gives?

If Philo has A&E and support TVE, Xfinity login also is supported to A&E.

Also i see Nickelodeon....

Some channels have TVE, but only for on demand content, and don't offer a Live stream, which is what Channels needs.

I have Philo and can tell you A&E is not available for TVE live stream. You have to use the Philo app which isn't too bad. They actually link to VOD for shows you like on A&E.

1 Like

Philo has BBC World News and it looks like there is a livestream of this channel available, but it does not show up as part of my Philo channels list in TVE. Is this channel available through TVE?

I believe only BBC America is available via TVE, and Philo provides TVE support for that channel.

(Remember, though, that just because a provider offers a channel in their lineup, they may not necessarily offer TVE access to that same channel.)

2 Likes

I was just reading some of the other replies on here.

I am also missing A&E, Nick, BBC World News, History, and several more in Channels. Most of the ones I just mentioned obviously don't offer a live stream, even though they are listed under the TVE for Philo. Of course, the History Channel, is not listed at all under TVE for Philo.

Though it's a bummer we can't have some of those networks above in Channels DVR, I think the good news is many of the other notable Philo Channels "are" offered in live stream in Channels DVR.

I am in a trial of Philo and may keep it as it appears to nicely complement my OTA broadcast networks in Channels.

Where are they listed under TVE for Philo? I know some have live streams on Roku, But Channels uses the web Browser.

You can view the TVE for Philo at the link below. Just scroll down on the page to view the chart the includes Philo.

Yes, confusing, but unfortunately that doesn't translate to TVE access for Channels DVR.
Some can only be accessed with an app.

Wish there was another list for "These are the channels you can access using TV Everywhere", but that would make sense and be too easy, so will never happen...

Only way to know for sure is trying to access the live streaming channel from their website while logging in with your provider. And of course since it changes all the time with Providers adding and dropping access to networks, it's hard to keep up with them all (I think by design since the cable providers invented TVE).

Correct, but at the bottom of the page where the link is

What channels are not available?

Local networks like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS are not available via the TV Everywhere feature. You can receive your local stations using a HDHomeRun CONNECT + antenna, or using a HDHomeRun PRIME.

Premium channels like HBO, Showtime, etc are also not available via the TV Everywhere feature.

A&E Network channels (A&E, Lifetime, History, FYI, Viceland) do not support live streaming via TV Everywhere.

Nickelodeon and Nick Jr do not support live streaming via TV Everywhere.

The beIN sports channels are not available

I have made a list of the networks carried by Philo that I am also getting via the TV Everywhere feature. I am able to view these channels through Channels DVR. I have listed them below:

AMC
American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
BBC America
BET
Cheddar Business
Cheddar News
CMT
Comedy Central
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Discovery Channel
Discovery Life
Food Network
Game Show Network
Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
HGTV
IFC
Investigation Discovery
Logo
Motor Trend
MTV
Nick Jr.
OWN
Paramount Network
Science Channel (SCI)
Sundance TV
TLC
Travel Channel
TVLand
VH-1
WETV

From what I see, Philo carries the additional networks (below) that are "not" available via Channels DVR TVE:

A&E
Aspiretv
Axis TV
BBC World News
BET Her
Cleo TV
Discovery Family
DIY
FYI
Hallmark Drama
History
Law & Crime
Lifetime
LMN
MTV Classic
MTV Live
MTV2
Nickelodeon
Nicktoons
People TV
Revolt
Tastemade
Teennick
UPTV
VICE

Others with Channels DVR (also using Philo), please post if your guide lineup is different from mine.

1 Like

What is the trick to getting Philo to work with TV Everywhere? When I go into the channels DVR and select "Add Source" and choose "TV Everywhere" philo is not listed.

Also, I am running the channels DVR on a WDMycloud EX2. I also have ShieldTV. Is there a benefit to running DVR on the NAS versus running it on the shield or vice versa?

1 Like

It shows up for me:

1 Like

Is a Mycloud Ex supported?

Ah...I'm sorry. I scrolled right past "popular" and was looking for it under "all". Stupid mistake. Sorry about that.