Provider - Philo

Yel I think so too. I have contacted support twice still waiting on them to get back. The Java scrip error might be something that needs more time to fix. Anyway, I'll wait and see if it gets corrected later in the next software release. Thanks

John aka Triride44

Nothing with Channels. I had no issues with adding the source. Are you getting the link in the email philo sends you after Channels requests it. It took about a minute to get it.

YES

2 Likes

Using my test server installed on a Shield, I was able to add Philo without any problems. It did take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete the scan of all the channels after email authorization. It hangs for a long time on channels that are not authorized for Philo.

2 Likes

Kric is telling me Philo told him I don't have access and that CDVR can't fix that.

1 Like

I'm using my Channels DVR and we are able to use the TVE and Philo directly with ADB Tuner.
The Picture quality on Philo directly through my HDMI encoder isn't the best but for the few channels i watch, we are good.

2 Likes

Try changing your philo password. Login and watch directly on discovery’s site for 5min using the new password. Then try to add philo as source in cdvr.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone I finally have Philo TVE working as a source for ChannlesDVR.

My phone number was how I signed up, and it worked for all my devices. But CDVR won't accept my number as a login for Philo link. And the email I used was not accepted by Philo. I had to edit my Philo account to accept an email, I finally found one it liked.

Thanks for the update, and glad you found a solution.

Philo is pretty weird and cool - my latest find is the "This Old House" channel. I could never sit through a whole season before, but the ability to pick episodes with topics of interest to me is great. Also enjoying the BBC and Showtime channels.

My only gripe is that commercial skip is consistently off and I have now seen the start of the Burger King commercial too many times to count (works fine in my other sources). Do others see that & is there any hope of improvement?

2 Likes

Hi there,
How are you bringing Philo to Channels?
I think the way the ad insertion works is messing with Channels.
I'm using ADBTuner to pull in video signal from Philo and think the video quality is just ok
Youtubetv in my experience provides a better video source.
I think it is challenging without direct integration.

TVE works with Philo as many channels on there support it so...you could use that...and use ADBTuner for the rare DRM-ed channels

3 posts were split to a new topic: Viacom/Paramount Networks channels, Get "": unsupported protocol scheme ""

I've got Philo TVE working with no issues.
I use some of the other dockers to get cleaner feeds of the same channels.
If FRNDLY has the channel, I will use FRNDLY first.
The newly added free stuff is on the other collection of channels I have here so We are covered nicely.

did game show network disappear for anyone else?

(Note: I can recreate it in a virtual channel, but I wish I have more control over the virtual channels programming blocks to better recreate the experience)

GSN? That's been DRM'd for a while on the TVE side. Are you talking about the TVE version or the version on the Philo app?

I thought that it was recently available from Philo under TVE in the Channels server. Guess I didn't notice them removing it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah...you could get in it Channels using ADB/HDMI/CC4C or the Frndly tool or the Fubo bridge

Their sister channel GAME Show Central tho is viewable via FAST services (Pluto, Tubi, Samsung, Roku) and you could view that in channels using the proper tools for each

I have pretty much dorpped TVE with a few exceptions in favor of FRNDLY and Fubo plus ADBTuner.