Provider - Spectrum

Submit diagnostics and email support

The first post says all subscribed, TVE channels should work. That appears to be mostly true. The most notable (to me) channel that doesn't work is NBCSN. When I try to manually rescan just that channel, it reports "stime response: 410 Gone". I've confirmed that I can watch NBCSN on nbc.com. Does anyone know what the 410 Gone response means and if it can be resolved?

That error is fixed in the DVR prerelease. Click the down arrow next to Check for Update and select Pre-release

Cool. Thanks very much.

Channels DVR was working well (I love this product!) until I started getting "Tuner Unreachable" today.

The HDHR channels work perfectly but the TVE channels fail with "Tuner Unreachable" error. Attempts to rescan the individual channels fail with a "Cable provider authentication failed" error. Fwiw, cable provider is Spectrum and my Spectrum credentials
& authentication work fine everywhere else.

I welcome all advice and guidance.

Have you updated to the latest pre-release?

Thank you for the suggestion. I updated to pre-release 2021.12.03.1543 and scanned the TVE channels again. Sadly, I still get "Cable provider authentication failed" error.

Another clue, Spectrum channels below 6303 fail, Spectrum channels above 6700 work. Does this help?

Not really. Channels 6700–6999 are free internet streams that require no authentication; they will work regardless of the status of your Spectrum credentials.

Ah, makes sense, good to know, thank you!

1 Like

Try removing the Spectrum TVE source and add it again.
Your channels, passes and scheduled recordings won't get deleted.

1 Like

Solved, much thanks to chDVRuser!

I removed Spectrum as TVE source, added Spectrum as TVE source, and all is well again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I removed Spectrum from TVE and tried to add it again but it gives me a context canceled error.

1 Like

Check the usual suspects

@chDVRuser Thank you! I removed the source and when I tried re add it it didn't work.... I ended up trying many things and support suggested to restart the NAS and that did the trick. Everything is working now

I now join this list too. Lost most channels via TVE. I’ve done it ALL. Nothing works. I guess it’s a waiting game til the next software update. This is why I have the HomeRun Prime.

I have spectrum internet and use someone else's spectrum TV account. You must turn auto login off. Also once I had to use my iphone hotspot for my server and than once connected I went back to hardwire my server. Only had to do that once

Most are saying not in subscription. Won't rescan, can't even remove source. What's going on?

I am a Spectrum user and currently not having any problems with the TVE or the HDHR Prime. Your problem needs some more information for others here to help.

First, are you talking about the a Spectrum TVE setup and or a Spectrum HDHR Prime setup or both?
What ChannelsDVR server version are you running?
What operating system are you using for you ChannelsDVR server?
Have you submitted your logs under troubleshooting on the ChannelsDVR server?

If you are talking about a Spectrum HDHR Prime then it may be possible your local Spectrum may have pulled the switch on DRM which will likely kill all Spectrum channels through Prime except for the local channels. When it comes to CableCard Spectrum about half the Spectrum locations around the US are full DRM on everything except local, the other half of Spectrum location just have very limited DRM on a few premium channels.

I am sure with this added information there will be a lot of people here who can help you navigate your issue.

1 Like

I'm having issues with TBS currently, getting authz: 400 Bad Request on both east & west coast channels doing a RESCAN, but TNT works just fine. I have no issues logging in at TBS with a web browser

DVR Channels in a docker container running version 2022.04.06.0146