Provider - YouTube TV

So does this fix the captcha issue?

I switched from Sling TV to a new YouTube TV account this week. Went to my Channels account to try to add YTTV, and got the NBC captcha fail... Came and found and read this thread.

I downloaded and installed the beta version of the Channels software, and then went to the NBC Live website to authenticate myself there using my YTYTV credentials.... Then came back to Channels, tried to set up YTTV as a TVE service, and voila!... everything worked fine and it's currently scanning and adding my various TVE channels from YTTV...

So in short, yes, the beta Channels software combined with the NBC authentication, for me, did entirely solve the acess problem!

I've been away from YTTV as a Channels DVR service for more than a year or so... And so when my new setup was finally successfully done, the one thing that surprised me in particular was....

For my CA Bay Area location, the only of the major local affiliates that even showed up as TVE in Channels was the local CBS affiliate, and the locals from ABC, NBC and Fox were nowhere to be found, even though all the other Fox cable channels did populate.

I'm in a major metro area, and it seems strange that I'm not getting TVE via Channels for three of the four major OTA networks. And no regular PBS as well.

1 Like

Yeah you will find that different TVE providers have different deals/setups for locals. PBS decided to add DRM. So that screwed everyone.

I am using Windows 11. Dont have any firewall issues. Getitng the cant authenticate NBC Screen. I can login into NBC and see live TV so that doesnt seem to be the issue. Any ideas?

1 Like

Try these TVE Troubleshooting tips

Also note from the first post in this Topic

Trying to add You Tube TV as a source on my QNAP NAS..
keep getting "chrome failed to start" almost instantly; have loaded
latest Beta of Channels and You Tube TV does work properly on my
Windows 11 machine just fine
Any ideas?

1 Like

While I did not have this issue previously setting up TVE on YTTV and getting local channels, I was experimenting with setting up on Windows and (other than the exasperating authentication CAPTCHA loop requiring the "--user-data-dir=" workaround...

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there,
I would suggest going into the admin interface and checking for pre-release.
The fix will be available.

1 Like

As an aside, YouTube TV app is finally getting the rumored "mosaic" view launched, just in time for NFL Sunday Ticket. It'll be compared to Fubo's MultiView, which is a cool feature indeed.

TVE for NFL Network on YTTV is giving this error:

Could not parse playlist: dcs-live.mp.lura.live: Can't detect playlist type

Was fixed in prerelease

When you say prerelease, are you saying iOS only? Because I just updated to the latest beta on my Nvidia Shield and still getting the same message.

Prerelease refers to DVR server software

NFL Network ,Not working again . Get this error see picture . Using Version

Provider YouTube tv

NFL Network is not working again with Spectrum TVE as well.

I had TV Everywhere working in a Channels server install on my main Mac, but decided to move things to an older machine using the migration instructions I found in a support article. After the migration, I was getting guide data, but TV channels wouldn’t load when I selected them in the guide, and the log indicated a problem with my TV Everywhere login. So I removed TV Everywhere as a source and re-added it, but now get the dreaded “Cable provider authenticaton failed” when it tries to log me in to NBC. I’m using the same credentials I used on the prior Mac — a Google account without 2FA authentication, and I’m logging into the NBC site first. I've tried rebooting, but that didn't fix it. I’m pulling my hair out right now and getting really PO’d at NBC for gumming up the whole thing. Any other thoughts? I wish I could just bypass the NBC authentication since we can't get their channels via TV Everywhere anyway.

UPDATE: I get all green checkmarks when I do Support>Troubleshooting, but still no luck.

Is this still an issue? Got YTTV today and after following the guide still getting this authentication message.... using secondary family account and 2 factor authentication turned off also can access and view NBC page.

NBC is not available via TVE.

That's the error thrown when trying to just authenticate TV Everywhere. There's no option to have it bypass the NBC authentication, unfortunately. I wish there were, since NBC isn't available. I've been getting the same error when moving my install to a new Mac, when I had it working on a previous Mac.