Provider - YouTube TV

Thanks, that did it!

FYI: nbc.com/live didn't load a css - they were all 404; had to go to nbc.com and click on "link tv provider"; after logging in and selecting account, I had to confirm permissions for auth-gateway.net to use my youtube tv; then I was forwarded to nbc.com/live, this time it did load and work; strange, using my ISPs DNS...

anyway, readded yttv on channels dvr after that and 115 channels found.

Wanted to let the developers know this channel is still discovered. I also see it with my Spectrum credentials, but get the error above when trying to tune it through either provider’s credentials. It also doesn’t get labeled or have guide data. I think I shared some detailed info captured from the fox websites when I reported this initially. Let me know if you need more info again.

I have a trial subscription of YTTV to evaluate TVE and Channels DVR. I followed the first post and did not have any problems setting up TVE with YTTV. I believe I'm currently able to watch 117 channels in the Bay Area.

However, I was disappointed to find that some of the channels watch frequently (e.g. CNN, Tennis) do not support TVE. Did CNN or Tennis ever support TVE?

I was curious about the usage model among Channels DVR users. Do you use Channels DVR as your primary and just use YTTV app to watch/record the channels which do not support TVE?

This seems very cumbersome as I do not like the YTTV UI (except for being able to watch a show while looking at the full guide). Before looking at Google's list of channels supporting TVE, I didn't realize how many channels do not support TVE at this time. I hope that this list of supported channels has been growing over time.

The list does change from time to time, but everything varies by provider. I do exactly what you mentioned. I use Channels DVR primarily and the YTTV app/DVR only for channels that don’t support TVE.

I want to add local stations to YTTV on Channels TVE. I understand local stations require OTA antenna (bought Clearstream Eclipse) since they don't support TVE. I just discovered my HD Homerun Primes do not support OTA antenna I bought.

Clearstream TV only supports one channel and has poor reviews.

If I buy a Silicondust Connect Duo or Extend to work with Clearstream OTA antenna, is this all I need to add local channels to Channels DVR?

Where does the EPG come from for Connect/Extend? I don't need to buy EPG from Silicondust do I?

Is there a better hw than Connect/Extend with OTA antenna to add local stations to Channels with YTTV?

Thanks!

Channels only supports HDHomeRun, and the CONNECT is the best one to get. Don't bother with the EXTEND.

The DVR will provide EPG once you attach the antenna and set up the HDHR.

NOTE: that if you have 2FA enabled on your Google account, you will not be able to use it with Channels DVR. You can create a secondary family account login and use that instead: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7251139?hl=en

NOTE: If you have Channels DVR running on the NVidia SHIELD, then YouTube TV login is not supported.

TIP: For best results, before adding your YouTube TV account to Channels DVR, first visit https://nbc.com/live and login there to authorize TVE access.

1 Like

I don't have two factor auth on my account, but today I tried rescanning channels and only 61 channels were listed, after orig 110+. I deleted the source and tried adding back but now only get this error message:

1 Like

Just tried updating again and Youtube channels were found.

I have YouTube TV working in Channels but can't seem to get my local channels to show up in Channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, PBS. I can view my local affiliates just fine in YouTube TV but not in Channels.

I've also setup an HDHomeRun Connect Quatro but my antenna is not strong enough to pickup all my local channels. Do I have any other options to get my local stations watchable in Channels?

You might get ABC NBC and FOX the rest don’t have TVE streams. You can see if Locast is available in your area

When using my YouTube TV account, I can't get access to NBCSN Bay Area nor NBCSN California. But I have access to both using their websites. It says unauthorized rsn. Any chance you guys can help?

I have a similar setup with a Connect Quatro. The local channels are very sensitive to antenna placement and orientation. tvfool.com will show you direction and distance to your local stations. As a best case, I put my antenna outside and got over 100 channels in the Bay area. With antenna in the garage I only got 17 channels and was missing SF stations 35 miles away. When I put antenna at ground level and oriented towards SF, I got 80+ channels, including SF stations. I have only one exterior wall between antenna and SF now. I have a Clearstream Eclipse antenna. Orientation of antenna is critical. Varying orientation by a few degrees results in getting or not getting a channel in SF. Good luck.

I've reported this same thing about a month ago.never ..got an answer to why I can't get it

Is there maybe a log i can provide to you Devs so you can see the issue?

Any update?

@tmm1 bump

YTTV is $64.99 starting In 30 days. Only adding Viacom.

@tmm1

I've tried removing YouTube TV from my list and then re-adding it. Still not working. Any possible fix?