Sling TV channels not showing up in Guide?

Hi, I'm a couple of weeks into Channels so sort of a noob. Mostly like it so far. Seem to have run into an issue and would love some help debugging.

We have Sling TV and I have added that as a source. But when I use the Sling TV app on Apple TV I see a certain set of channels (including TBS and TNT) but when I add that as a source in Channels DVR, I don't see TBS and TNT. How come? I have not done a channel by channel comparison but there are quite a few missing.

What could be causing this difference?

I am running Channels DVR on an unused Macbook and using the Apple TV app as the UI.

Sling has incredibly poor TVE support. Which channels are available directly in the app is unrelated to which channels you can receive via TVE (and within Channels).

1 Like

Yeah...theres no Turner channels (eg. TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network) via TVE when using Sling
You can take a look here and see the channels you get on your provider

If you want the most channels available OTT-wise via TVE, then DTVStream is your best bet

1 Like

TVE is really bad on Sling.
I've got stuff in place to handle it.

1 Like

To follow up on my previous post:

To check whether Channels may be able to have TVE access to a channel, try logging in to that network's website directly using your Sling credentials. If you can login and view a live linear feed, then Channels may be able to use that network with Sling.

(Viewing a channel through the network's website is not always an indication of support within Channels. For example. all NBCUniversal networks, most all PBS, GSN, most sports RSNs, etc., all use additional DRM protections that are incompatible with Channels.)

2 Likes

Some additional reading for understanding how TVE stations work with Channels:

Things to know about stations going behind DRM and not being accessible in Channels using out-of-the-box methodology:

Ways to work around these issues and get all the stations you want:

Other things you might want to check out to get more stations:

3 Likes

Thanks for all this great info!