Sport Program Priority Not Recorded

Where have you seen that Channels DVR prioritizes by channel#.
I've only seen the opposite.

Channels DVR does not care about Channel Numbers unless you specify them on your Pass.

I think this is something that gracenote needs take in consideration in thier guide. ESPN many times has simulcast of events with different various broadcast of the same game. But gracenote list them with the same program title. If you have spectrum or other provider, their guides have the teams and added Command Center in the case of Todays Game. The orignal Broadcast on ESPN and ESPN SEC was the Command Center Broadcast. But the guide listed them as College Football: Florida State at Florida. I understood priority was Source Priority then Channel Priiority. Channel 6140 is first in line or above Channel 6144. Tivo would record all channels with the same program name unless you had no more turners it would then goto the priority you set.

Then whats the algorithm it uses to determine which channel to record. TNT and TBS does this. Which channel does the DVR record from East or West stream and why.

What is "the Command Center"?

They need to update their documentation so we know what to expect.

They had a special broadcast of the game and had split camera views. Same game but different propective. This was the view. States traditional telecast of ESPN in the bottom right corner.

If you have east coast and west coast it will record the earlier stream regardless even if the west coast stream is favored.... unless you specify a channel in the pass.

When there is Live Sports Events they air the events simultaniously. Obviously when the program is not live duh

I have seen that happen where it favors TVE over OTA. Don't know why but I had to remove Comet from TVE. because I wanted to record OTA.

1 Like

Which one will record from this example. East or West and Why Same thing as today Game

Look at your pass and see what Channel is first. Also if one of the airings is marked HD and the other isn't it will record the one marked HD.

This is TVE not HDHR Cable Card
Its states West. Why is west. Whats the behavior in channels that prioritized this.

TVE channels are all marked as "HD", while your OTA Comet is likely SD, and therefore lower in priority.

1 Like

It will record 6036 first. 6036,6035

Thanks I have been wondering why .

Its states West. Why is west Why not East. With team passes you really can't specify channels. They may air on ESPN one week and be on TNT other week and ABC the next. Seems we should be able to prioritize by channels # or East or West coast feed. But when ESPN simutanious broadcast ESPN always has the traditional broadcast unless specified in the program guide. But gracenote did not specify the diferent format for ESPN SEC

I did the same thing. Seems to me Source Priority is meaningless.

Just did a quick test.

I have an HDHR Prime as a source and picked an airing on IFC.
That source has IFC as channel 790, HD, not favorited.

I then added a lower priority M3U source with the IFC channel 3 times.
That source has IFC as channels 1090, 1190 and 1290, HD and favorited.

It's going to record from 1290.

I noticed the same in the guide prior to starting the recording. I got around it by un-favoriting SEC and leaving ESPN as a favorite. Just need to remember to favorite SEC after the game ended. But I agree, a better options should be available to choose a recording on the fly rather than having to edit passes or otherwise how I did it.