TVE - CBS/Viacom channels going away?

I would not depend solely on Channels DVR TVE. It's always going to be Beta, until it's gone.
Disappointing? Yes, but that's the way it is.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on what is involved. @tmm1 Please take care of it.

1 Like

It's only a matter of time when until the major content provides like ESPN and Max/Discovery are gone. If @tmm1 and the Channels team doesn't develop a new 'turn-key' system that uses both TVE (or what's left to it) and Chrome Capture, and has the features that the current Channels system has today, I can see users like me who don't have the coding skills to play with Chrome Capture, will be forced to bite the bullet and actually use the 'live TV' streaming systems we are already paying for.

3 Likes

Comedy Central, BET, and others are back in the latest pre-release.

5 Likes

Thanks for bringing these channels back.

1 Like

comedy central is working thanks. still having issues with discovery though.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Troubleshooting TVE stream ending prematurely

It is worst now ....

This build should resolve this issue.

This is unrelated to the TVE channel authentication.

I don't know what this means and I don't see any recent diagnostics from you.

1 Like

Logs have been submitted as a5e5e1fd-9728-4068-9b85-80ef4d9580fe.

@Edwin_Perez your Xfinity authentication is failing for some reason.

Thanks @eric I re-ran scan this morning and is looking good.

Everything authorized and it was quick.

Thank you so much. What a relief. Some of these channels are a deal breaker for me and was looking at going back to YTTV… ugh I’ve been saved!! lol thank you!!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do we get this build? I'm still having issues watching certain channels (MTV) and I would like to get them working if there is a beta version that allows for it.

Here are the instructions:

A post was split to a new topic: Troubleshooting ESPN

Did Viacom channels go down again? I can't seem to tune to MTV

Try the latest pre-release