Was there a new release to FireTV?

EMBY PLEX SageTV or HDHomeRun App do not transcode locally and they play just fine. So Channels is not the only one that does that.... oops forgot KODI with Channels DVR plays just fine also... on the FireTVCube.

As a matter of fact Channels uses less bandwidth then any of the above when watching livetv as it uses the local storage for its livetv buffer.

You’re correct about the hdhomerun app not transcoding. In my experience with Plex, it wanted to transcode everything. As far as channels bandwidth for OTA streaming, it should be exactly the same as hdhomerun, since both are sending the original Mpeg2 stream that broadcast stations use. That’s typically much higher bandwidth than other streaming services that use more modern codecs like h264

Well, after one day of using the cube and it working properly, I'm getting stuttering and out of sync audio again. There is something definitely going on with the stereo pair that is causing the issues. I'm not seeing this issue with Plex, Kodi, HDHomeRun, or Emby. Just Channels unfortunately. This is potentially a big deal breaker for me because I really can't change up my sound system.

Same Problem I have.... It must be the way Channels is rendering the Audio. I am considering other options at the moment.

have you guys heard any update on this? i am having the same issue with my dual echo studio(home theater)

any help would be much appreciated

Sadly no ... I have resorted to use KODI or EMBY to play back the recordings ... which have no problem with my ECHO Studios... It definitely is a Channels DVR problem but I guess no one cares. I have a years subscription ... but if it is not fixed I will have to stop using Channels DVR.

it is doing it for live programming for me also

Channels DVR is useless right now on the Cube with Echo Studios.
EMBY, PLex , SageTV , Hdhomerun APP and KODI all play fine no sync issues.

Channels DVR consistently drops frames ... Look on the right of these pictures.

How does Channels behave when you switch to the software decoder?

Same it still drops frames

Look at the frame rate difference too.

You are correct it is a different frame rate ....

So why is the Channels app changing it?

Edit: Did you try the Beta?

Good question I think you might have discovered the Problem. If I play the same channel using the Channels DVR KODI plugin the FrameRate is correct.

1 Like

What is the kodi plugin?

It is not finished.

1 Like

There must be something different in the Android Pie (9.0) OS. The FireTV Stick is based off Android 8.0 (FireOS-6) and the FireTV Cube is based on Android 9.0 (FireOS-7) if I'm not mistaken.

Also, What Media Player does Kodi Use?

Any idea what's going on with this issue? It's making watching tv impossible for me. Anyone have a solution? I didn't always have this problem with the stereo pair. It started happening about two months ago. Something in an update is causing this issue I think.

I think it is the Player Channels DVR is using ... EXOPLAYER plays fine in SageTV and EMBY.. It probably is the way MPV does Audio.

Also the FireTV Cube is on a higher Version of the operating system. So I hope that if they ever upgrade the FireTV 4K it does not break Channels DVR on it.