BETA: Stack Duplicates setting (Android/Apple)

In the latest beta versions of Channels app on all platforms, we have added a new setting under Manage Sources > Manage Lineup > Stack Duplicates

This now defaults to "By Channel Number", which will combine the same channel across multiple HDHR or TVE tuners, but not across channel number.

The previous behavior is available with the "By Guide Data" option.

With the new default, if you have NBC through a PRIME, OTA/Locast, and TVE, you can see all the entries in the guide separately.

3 Likes

Something doesn't seen right on this. I prefer to not have the duplicates and even with using using "By Guide Data" option I am still getting a lot of channels not merging even though. This example is on AMC, but is happening on a lot of channels. I see the difference in channel name missing the "HD" on the TVE channel which I assume is the reason.

Have you tried force stopping the app, clearing the cache, and relaunching?

Yes, same thing occurring on multiple devices too.

Please submit diagnostics from your dvr.

Submitted. 41723a01-6e70-4d22-9c19-8304f0e8acc1

Any word on this? Moved back to 102.7.6 which I think was the last version before the change. No issues there.

1 Like

@tmm1,

Updated to latest beta on Android, issue still exists. I do not have this issue with the stacking feature on iOS so definitely just an issue on the Android side of things. Have you happened to check this out?

It's on my TODO list for next week.

1 Like

This should be fixed, and is part of v3.1.1 release on Android.

Looks good. For whatever reason, it seems like I had to clear cache, then clear data, then uninstall to get it to not have that issue.

First uninstalled the latest version I had and installed 3.1.1 same issue, tried clearing data, same issue and then tried the above and it worked. Maybe some issue with stuff sticking between the various final and beta versions I've had installed.

Strange.. possible there's some race condition. LMK if it happens again.

2 Likes

@tmm1,

Unfortunately this is occurring again. Happening on my phone (Note 20) and Shield. Checked Fire Stick, no issues there.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache/data, installed today's beta app and pre-release DVR, no change. Submitted logs from my phone: 25b060b8-0115-4706-8a70-3ab65a579973

I need diagnostics from the android app

The logs mentioned above are from the Android App on my phone. However, I just installed today's beta on my Shield and now it's not happening on there anymore. Seems hit or miss.

The Android app doesn't provide a log ID, it just says submitted. Did it say "logs uploaded successfully"?

Yes, but I got the log ID from my DVR log as the log there is updated with it once I click submit. Just submitted again: 85dbce30-dc14-4837-b458-554a6d1a352b

Hmm. I'm seeing the ones from your DVR, but not from the client app.

I submitted it as "other" from the app. Should I submit as one of the other options?

I can kind of pin point something now. If I am on the guide and the duplicate channels are showing and then I goto my home screen and reopen the app from my recents or from the app icon I can see the guide refresh within about a second and the duplicates disappear.

I can't consistently make the issue happen on my Shield, but restarted the Shield and it occurred. Fixed the same way as I explained doing on my phone. Tried to replicate it but couldn't get it to happen on the Shield again after restarting a few times, force stopping, clear cache, etc. Seems I make it happen on my phone everytime though.