Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE

lol my fox affiliate has 2 hours of content and then signs off

Submitted 7cf40946-120f-4621-a015-e44dedf7476f

If your fox affiliate doesn’t provide a 24/7 stream when you log in to Fox.com, then this is exactly what’s supposed to happen. Primetime and national sports broadcasts only.

1 Like

That's how mine is most of the time as it's not an O&O Fox station (owned and operated by Fox and not an affiliate station) and only has primetime shows. That's normal.

1 Like

gotcha - okay that makes more sense

I'm glad i have something now so not complaining but the explanations from both of you help

1 Like

First let me say I love Channels and have been a customer now over a year. I even set it up for my retired mother. The thing is we both live in the same area only 2.5 miles apart and she is getting the FOX affiliate from a completely different area. Our local FOX affiliate only offers programming though TV Everywhere during prime time at night 7:00-9:00 pm. She is getting programming thought the whole day and appears to be a MN affiliate while we live in WI. Her OTA FOX is correct, however. I am wondering how this is happening and if I can make mine do the same thing.Mine Mom

Same login? If so it could be the ip geolocation either v4 or v6. My cbs tve channel is from Wichita and I am located in eastern Virginia. My ipv6 /56 range geolocation is right in the exact middle of the US so that's why cbs thinks I am in that market. I don't mind though, I get my local channels from an antenna so the extra out of market station is nice during football season.

Are stations (or at least Philadelphia stations) locking these down now? I used to get my local ABC (WPVI), FOX (WTXF) and some PBS stations via the Experimental TVE feature. About a week ago I started seeing messages in the Channels log for WPVI that said "cannot start stream" although it was still working. As of today, the only TVE locals I see are some PBS stations. Not a big deal to me since I get my locals OTA, but was wondering if this is a trend? Going to the ABC and FOX "Live TV" websites prompts for a "login with your provider" message. My only TVE provider is Philo - of course no locals in that.

NBC stopped working with one of the last pre-releases. Works on NBC site. Other four locals are fine. It did work on an 11:30 pm eastern time recording yesterday. TVE HULU.

Log... aa2c567a-4244-4125-a51f-a4b24d018bfc

edit...
Working now with updated pre-release. Thanks.

The only issue I have with TVE with Vidgo is that in the guide ABC just lists “ABC” so I can’t record any shows on ABC. I can’t get ABC on my antenna because of signal issues… I live in South Jersey and the ABC signal is weak at best. Anyone have a possible fix? I am on Mac OS.

Thanks

Update to prerelease.

How would I do this?

Thanks

I see it scan ABC when I rescan channels but it doesnt show up on the guide. Weird.

Updated new pre release and logged in with creditenials but ABC won't show on dish or dstream

again this am ABC on TVE not working Log above
@tmm1 @racameron

That's an error with ABC's site, not Channels. If ABC is the source of the error, there really isn't anything Channels can do.

That's like taking a taxi to the movie theater, but when you arrive to discover the show you want to see has been cancelled because the theater has a broken projector, you blame the taxi driver.

well it works fine via website so figured it might be on channels end

Did you try rescanning just the ABC channel from the source dropdown Rescan Channels item?
How about toggling the Experimental setting Local Networks via TV Everywhere
Maybe the timing of the scan caught your ABC at a bad time.

I am having the same issue but it had worked previously... Following