Provider - Hulu Live TV

Within the last week my local ABC affiliate has disappeared from my Hulu channels list in Channels. I have confirmed I can login to watch the ABC affiliate live at ABC.com using my Hulu credentials but I cannot get my ABC affiliate to re-appear. I've tried resetting the Local Channels via TV Everywhere option and ABC is the only local station that is showing up now. Anyone have any ideas on what could be blocking this one station?

Hulu recently added the Weather Channel to their live TV but it's now showing up in the channel list when I rescan for new channels. Should it be visible?

The Weather Channel doesn’t have a TVE stream useable by ChannelsDVR. They axed their live web feed a couple of years ago. The only thing that remains is a dead under construction page that hasn’t been updated in over two years.

The only way to get the Weather Channel in Channels is via Frndly (which is not a TVE source).

1 Like

I currently subscribe to Hulu Live TV and a smaller Spectrum package. Where do I find GAC Family? What channel has CDVR decided it would be?

1 Like

Not available as a Channels DVR TVE channel. Search results for 'GAC Family order:latest' - Channels Community

You could get it from Frndly TV and integrate that into Channels DVR.

I switched from DIRECTV Stream to Hulu Live and when I add the Hulu Live for the TVE I get cannot authorize. Hulu sends via an email to enter a code but you can't do that under the current setup. I do have Philo and you have to do the same process but Channels takes you to a screen to enter that.

On your dvr Mac, can you open chrome incognito and login to Hulu on nbc.com/live

1 Like

Yes, I tried incognito in Chrome and I tried Safari

I am having the same issue. I foolishly deleted the Hulu source since I had many channels that did not work, and now I cannot get the source added at all. I can log into the Hulu Live website. I opened Chrome incognito and logged into NBC. I had to enter the code from the email for both but it works. I have both the Hulu and NBC sites open and when I try to add a TV Everywhere source to Channels and log into Hulu I get the authorization issue Rrb2153 is getting. Not sure what to try next.

I don't use Hulu, but have seen a few users saying this worked for them.

Thank you. That's actually what I did. I deleted the Hula as a Source, then tried to re-add it. It won't authorize. Version 2022.12.12.0138. New install of Chrome (fully up to date). Able to log into Hulu and NBC. Updated Password on Hulu and logged into both Hula and NBC. But no joy trying to add Hula as a source. Appreciate your help, though.

Just wondering if you go to your Hulu account and add the code it sends to your e-mail directly in hulu.

Kinda a backwords way of doing it I guess.

2 Likes

I got the damn thing to work. I went into Hulu website and deleted all the web devices on my account. I changed the password on Hulu and now it works. I am thinking that since I have Disney Plus and Hulu Live with TV, the user and passwords are the same.

Yeah they did that to me a few months ago. But I only had to change my password. They didn't tell me I had to. I tried to log into hulu from the website and it forced me to change the password.

2 Likes

I have not been able to enter a code on the popup when it gives me the error. It looks like a screenshot, and I can't get it to take the code, even though Hulu sends the email. And when I try to log into the site directly it always lets me in so there is not anywhere to enter the code. It's like the addition of the source is causing it to send an email, but I don't get to see the website to enter the code, only a screenshot. Unless there is something to do to allow me to enter the code that I don't know.

1 Like

My screenshot was from the hulu website to enter the code in. Once you do that then try to add the user and password in channels.

2 Likes

Thank you jxxaxxy!! Your help was the key! I looked through all the devices on my Hulu account, deleted an old TV Everywhere device, re-added it, and it all worked. Since I had already changed the password, it did not even ask for validation!

Thank you so much!

Nice!

1 Like

That's why I posted this above Provider - Hulu Live TV - #107 by chDVRuser

1 Like