Provider - Xfinity

You can check what the tve_error_screenshot.png shows

I have an automatic scan that I run an hour before Primetime and everything authenticated. I now have 191 Channels on Synology and Ubuntu. That is why I never remove my XFINITY user a full scan usually fixes it if the problem is not one that requires a pre-release.

Well that didn't last too long. Back to the authentication failed problem.

Any suggestions? I'll even perform some voodoo if you tell me it's gonna fix it and stay fixed.

I just removed and added Xfinity TVE today.
Do an Update password on the source before removing it to clear the chromedata folder.
If you already removed the source, delete the chromedata folder.
Make sure to use a viewer only Xfinity account username with 2FA turned off and no email or phone associated with that username. Provider - Xfinity - #776 by chDVRuser
Add the source back.

I only had a few channels I had to individually rescan.
LIFETIME
CNBC
DISCOVERY
ANIMAL-PLANET
ESPN1
ACC
CBSSPORTS

1 Like

Where is that chromedata folder on a mac?

Nevermind, found it. I deleted the folder in it's entirety and restarted channelsdvr but am still getting the login error. Do i need to restart my mac?

Any other recommendations?

I follow these steps TVE Troubleshooting tips
When I've exhausted the list I submit diagnostics.
Sometimes it starts working for no apparent reason or just by trying again the next day.

I'm in this boat as well. Currently, I can't even add Xfinity TV Everywhere back as a source because I keep getting login errors. I know the user and pass are correct and working. 2FA is off and a viewer account is being used. Any Ideas?

If it is an issue with Chrome Data and catches is there a way for a setting to be built in to automatically clear or refresh on the back end?

The chromedata folder used to be an issue with Xfinity and Spectrum.
When you Update Password on your source, it clears the chromedata folder.

There were some recent changes for TVE authentication and I don't think keeping the chromedata folder around is as much an issues as it used to be.

I now only clear it as a last resort before removing and re-adding my Xfinity source.

If you login at nbc.com/live does Xfinity give you any popups after login?
Like reminders to verify secret questions, add an email or phone for recovery, etc.
If so, clear them, disconnect at nbc and try adding the source again.

I'm able to log in with the Primary account and viewer-only account at nbc.com/live without issues or popups. I think I'm just going to give it another day and try again.

After a scan do the logs show any lines with screenshot.png? If so you can view them in the dvr folder to get a better idea

I'll take a look but this is the error and screenshot showed after failing to add it as a source. Pretty generic and just the standard login screen.

Login to Xfinity with your primary account username and make sure Auto Authentication is off at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile

If you use Xfinity for both TV & DVR, and are running Channels DVR at the Xfinity service address, then you should set Auto Authentication to ON. That way the DVR doesn't need to try to enter your user/password at all.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Fox TVE auth problems

6 posts were split to a new topic: Ubuntu chromium snap error

Add me to the TVE nightmare on Xfinity. Last few days/week I’m getting some channels but not all. I can manually login to the stream app and that works as well as the individual apps for espn and AMC but nothing I can do will get me to login in channels. Ugh.

I repeatedly get the cable authentication failed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fox TVE auth problems

Did you try manually rescanning the channels in error one at a time?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ubuntu chromium snap error