(Xfinity) TVE not working - Cable Provider auth failed / password reset

Alright. I’ll cut you some slack on this one since I wasn’t explicit that my comments were simply about me stopping my use of TVE, but only TVE. But you still made assumptions, which we all know is never good to make.

Oh cool, they still get the $8. :joy:

I agree it can be frustrating, the continuing to break. Maybe go the cablecard + prime route?

Leveraging this topic, does anyone know if Channels has an API that would return info as to whether or not TVE is having login failures? If I do try TVE again, I’d like to use something like Pushover to get notifications to my phone as soon as the issue starts.

I would think scraping the DVR log file for errors would be one way of accomplishing this. Any TVE failures will be logged there.

So, Chrome 90 is out, but when i do the update chrome process n Channels DVR server, it still says 89.0.4389.114.

Does the channels devs have to update the git repo or docker wherever it pulls the file from for ARM based chrome?

registry.manifest.get url=https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/fancybits/chromium-arm64/manifests/latest repository=fancybits/chromium-arm64 reference=latest

I know it doesn't work to update Chrome in Docker.
You have to pull a new container image to get Chrome 89.0.4389.72

For NAS's and others where it isn't using a user provided instance of Chrome, the devs have to provide that new version.

Well, it is the SAME process that updated it to 89 from the older version before.
Add TVE source, test/test hold down Sign In button.
This is on a Pi4 using the Channels Image.
That was a copy paste form the server log.

I don't really know what Docker is, not do I use it. (unless the Channels DVR image ureses it?)
It guess its kinda like Snap. don't know, don't care.
I just want to keep Chrome on the Image updated as to hopefully not loose the Xfinity TVE>

The devs have to update Chrome for the Pi image also.

Well. great, so unless they can automate the process on their end, so that it automatically does that every week or so, they have to update it manually. which means they have to be bugged by users who lost xfinity due to outdated chrome to inform them to do so.

Thank you. I sometimes forget that so many of these APIs are available.

I have several channels -- like HGTV -- that are not authenticating and return "no auth token". Most other channels scan just fine.

I emailed logs: e7361389-6dc1-4e4f-a16a-0f32ac8b5a66

Sigh. It always begins with the Discovery family of networks and then movies on from there. I had to remove and re-add Xfinity as a provider again today to get my channels back. One of them didn't re-appear but it appears to be a problem with that channel's stream as I can't access it direct from their website. Everything else is back.

Agreed. Couldn't bring in HGTV and something else yesterday. I'm expecting to lose more channels today.

Removing it and adding it back did the trick for me.

So just FYI, I was on an online chat tonight with Comcast trying to get one of my channels working (that is not a Channels DVR issue, this station is particularly an issue with Xfinity) the rep I was talking to indicated that TV Everywhere is being "sunset" and basically told me to use the Xfinity Stream service. When I specifically asked him if they were really dropping a service that every other TV provider including all streaming TV services offered, he wouldn't give me a straight answer, which suggests that he probably wasn't meant to say anything like that. It seems like some of our Xfinity problems could be related to that if it's true. I'm going to head over to the Reddit for Xfinity and see if I can get a real answer out of someone.

1 Like

Probably just some uneducated representative that has no idea what they're talking about. And trying to upsell you to use only Comcast services. as they always do. If they truly were to get rid of that then all their customers cannot log in and stream directly from the network's websites and app and that's a very popular thing.

I worked for Comcast tech support. We had no info on anything outside of basic troubleshooting and rolling trucks. I couldn't even call a local market if the tech didn't show up. It was a joke.

Happened again.
Recording from DIY wasn't going, so looked at log.
410 Gone: User authentication has expired (invalidating session)
401 Unauthorized: Access to the requested resource path is unauthorized

Tried rescanning DIY channel and kept getting
410 Gone: User authentication has expired (invalidating session)

Updated to pre-release 2021.04.28.0029
Deleted Xfinity TVE source
Shut down Channels DVR Synology pkg
Started Channels DVR Synology pkg
Added Xfinity TVE source
Channel scan completed, but now missing 6043-AETV and 6090-HALLMARK.
Rescanned those individually and they came back.
Tested DYI channel which works now.

Was 18 days ago when I last did this.

I use Philo for those channels you mention.
I just checked a few of the 20 channels that I have enabled that Xfinty provides me, and they are working fine at this moment. TRU, TNT, C.N, NatGeoWild....

16 days later and same thing happened again.
Again, had to remove and re-add Xfinity TVE, then individually rescan a couple channels.