Change DVR recordings section layout

The 2 sections in the recordings area (next up and the other one) are a little confusing and inefficient in that you have to hit another tab ('more') to see everything. I think the DirecTV style of a single list or folders that can be sorted several ways (like by date or alphabetically) may be more functional and efficient (as well as look better). Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

I completely agree. I think the default option should be to list all shows and the Up Next or Recent Recordings should be nested under the all TV Show menu.

I would actually prefer even more custom shorting options such as below (Picture examples included). But even a basic change to make it easier to see all shows would be a plus.

2 Likes

I wrote the original post. Like your thoughts. On the menu on the left it could have the different folders.. ALL, Doug's, Sports, etc. They could be designated when you create the pass or recording (seems fairly easy). This would be tremendously improved from the present setup. It would also kinda take care of satisfying the different viewer profiles that people have asked for. I think that mostly relates to the recordings.

2 Likes

I too agree. I think the recordings presentation in the menus is the one place this system falls short of amazing. Love Channels DVR but do hope something can be done with the recordings page in the apps.

1 Like

I completely agree. I posted something similar in a different thread.

people have been asking for this for months at least, if not longer... devs have commented that they're open to changes IIRC, but i have no idea where they're at with that.

How does one easily see the active recordings without scrolling through the guide? In recordings I only see "Upcoming" and "Recently Recorded" (note past tense). No place for active recordings.

I look in the Clients Schedule section.

DVR tab. Shows upcoming recordings, including ones currently in progress, I believe.