New HDHomeRun firmware

Thanks for sharing this. I don't follow their forums anymore since I don't use the software and nothing interesting ever happens that I need to read about. I really only follow this forum these days...

Thanks for keeping this up. It's good to know what's happening with the software driving the hardware.

Thanks for posting that.
Now if they'd only do the same for my Prime without a tuning adapter (not holding my breath)

Release 20221205:

• HDHR4 models: IPv6 support.
  • HDFX/HDVR/HHDD models: Faster automatic failover when recording and multiple HDHomeRun devices are available.
  • CableCARD models: Fix problem where device may fail to sync with the guide server if the cable provider is sending the incorrect time on an inband channel.
  • TECH models: Fix crash-reboot when executing a bootscript that sets a target.
2 Likes

HDHomeRun Firmware (20230107beta1)

• ATSC3: support RTP radio channels.
  • ATSC3: list the highest channel-count audio track first for apps that use the first track rather than selecting the audio track by language.
  • ATSC3: workaround missing S-TSID content type issue seen in Miami FL.

HDHomeRun Firmware (20230110beta1)

• Mac: return to the episodes view automatically after seeking past the end of a recording.
  • ATSC3: fix "audio only" error seen on some ATSC 3.0 channels with last beta firmware.

HDHomeRun Firmware (20230224beta1)

• ATSC3: Detect ATSC 3.0 protected channels. Protected channels will fail to play with "Content protection required" error.
  • ATSC3: Order audio tracks for apps that use the first track rather than selecting the audio track by language.
  • ATSC3: Report BSID/TSID in streaminfo if present.
  • ATSC3: Improvements to MP4 parsing.
  • TECH: Fix problem where target may not be set when specified in the boot script.
  • IPv6 models: Support IPv6 RTP/UDP target.
  • Fix problem where multicast traffic was sent with a TTL of 1.
4 Likes

Release 20230303:
ATSC3 models: Detect ATSC 3.0 protected channels.
ATSC3 models: Support RTP radio channels.
ATSC3 models: Support operation when S-TSID content type is missing.
ATSC3 models: Report BSID/TSID in streaminfo if present.
ATSC3 models: Reorder audio tracks for apps that use the first track rather than selecting the audio track by language.
ATSC3 models: Improvements to MP4 parsing.
IPv6 models: Support IPv6 RTP/UDP target.
TECH models: Fix problem where target may not be set when specified in the boot script.
Fix problem where multicast traffic was sent with a TTL of 1.
Improvements to diagnostic logging.

5 Likes

HDHomeRun Firmware 20230313beta1

• ATSC3 models: Fix problem where one or more elementary streams such as audio may be missing.
  • FLEX/SCRIBE/SERVIO: Support discovering tuner and record engines via IPv6 site-local multicast when an IPv6 global or site-local IP address is present.
  • IPv6 models: Support detection via IPv6 site-local multicast.
2 Likes

HDHomeRun Firmware 20230316beta1

• ATSC3 models: Fix problem where channel scan may not record some ATSC 3.0 channels.

HDHomeRun RECORD 20230313beta1

• Upgrade to internal tracking of recorded files.
1 Like

Release 20230323:
ATSC3 models: Fix problem where channel scan may not detect some ATSC 3.0 channels.
ATSC3 models: Fix problem where channels using MMTP transport may fail to tune or stall shortly after tuning.
ATSC3 models: Fix problem where one or more elementary streams such as audio may be missing.
ATSC3 models: Fix problem where ATSC 3.0 HD channels were not detected as HD by the channel scan.
IPv6 models: Support detection via IPv6 site-local multicast.
Record models: Support discovering tuner and record engines via IPv6 site-local multicast when an IPv6 global or site-local IP address is present.
Record models: Upgrade to 64-bit identifiers for recorded files.

2 Likes

Never noticed before but after latest firmware upgrade, my tuner is picking up music channels? I am assuming these are streaming and not being picked up OTA. I disabled as they were interfering with my Pluto Channels on the same channel number.
music channels

2 Likes

Following up, actually one of the TV broadcasters is actually broadcasting these channels. It's ATSC3 signal, so we'll see how long before it's encrypted.

1 Like

HDHomeRun Firmware 20230403beta1

• ATSC3 models: Detect content protection for stations that are protecting content but not indicating so in the LLS.
  • ATSC3 models: Optimize starting PLP selection as detected during channel scan.
  • ATSC/ISDBT models: Ignore OTA channels without virtual channel numbers.
  • Fix channel scan issue causing BBC One HD in the UK to detect as Unknown.
  • Improvements to channel scan handling.

After the update my devices seem to have regressed to taking longer to tune in ATSC3 :confused:

25 posts were split to a new topic: Channels DVR server no longer sees HDHR tuner after updating its firmware

Release 20230503:
ATSC3 models: Detect content protection for stations that are protecting content but not indicating so in the LLS.
ATSC3 models: Optimize starting PLP selection as detected during channel scan.
ATSC3 models: Add round-trip-time validation support needed for ATSC 3.0 protected channels.
ATSC/ISDBT models: Ignore OTA channels without virtual channel numbers.
DVB models: Fix channel scan issue causing BBC One HD in the UK to detect as Unknown.
Fix bug in handling of the OriginalNetworkID in lineup.xml.
Disallow the use of 255.255.255.255 UDP broadcast for video.
Improvements to channel scan handling.

2 Likes

Help me understand what all of this means. Is this laying the roadmap for Channels to view DRM content? Even after installing the latest firmware I don’t see any other changes. My local ABC affiliate would not load the past few weeks and now it correctly shows DRM in the HDHR channel settings.

I believe from HDHR forums this new firmware is laying the groundwork for HDHomerun Flex4k DEVICES to support DRM. For now, this allows you to see that a channel is encrypted.

Once the HDHR Flex4k can handle encryption (in a future firmware) then it seems that if the Channels Developers (or any other software using HDHR) could raise the money needed to get certified, they could support legal decryption.

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77618&sid=6a2715909ac330fb6bcf1c69b5fe28a8&start=131

4 Likes

Poor goats! :wink:

2 Likes