Provider - Sling TV

Which TVE is your favorite? Comedy Central is eluding me although I get it on Stremium.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but will give it a shot. I just signed up for Sling Orange, added it as a source in Channels, and get 65 channels added. However, I don't get any ESPN channels (which was my primary interest) and when I edit the listing they all show up as "notAuthorized." I rebooted my NAS but nothing changed.

Suggestions?

Edit: never mind, I did an individual rescan on ESPN1 and ESPN2 and now they both show up. They didn't when I scanned the whole lineup.

1 Like

Thanks for this, sfmike. I just signed up for Sling – had it in the past – and now ESPN says unauthorized. Scanning individual channels doesn't change the status. Thankfully, it's a 14-day free trial. Perhaps I will have to pay for better access via TVE. The Sling Orange has nothing.

That's too bad @tamanzi, though I agree with you there doesn't seem to be much worth watching other than ESPN in that package. $35/month is too steep for one channel. I tried Philo before and found almost nothing worth recording. Local OTA is much better.

I am pretty sure that I know the answer, but just wanted to double check.

I added the AirTV to Sling to get the locals in the Sling Guide. (Seems to be working reasonably well.) But I am not able to see or record those local stations in ChannelsDVR. That is because they are not available via TVE. Correct?

Any alternate suggestions?

Easiest way to find out, since Sling has poor TVE support.
Go to each of the network Live TV websites in a browser and try to sign in with your Sling credentials.
If it streams for you it should work in Channels DVR if you enable Local Networks via TV Everywhere in the Experimental section of settings.

Air tv just brings your locals into the Sling interface off your antenna. It has nothing to do with TVE which comes from the individual networks website.

If you can receive your locals OTA with an antenna, you should get a HDHR tuner to integrate with Channels DVR.

I already have a HRHomeRun Quatro that is reserved for use by Channels. I was looking for a way to watch live TV without using using those tuners.

You posted some weird scenario with an airtv into channels but you didn’t think of simply getting another hdhr? Especially since you said “I was looking for a way to watch live TV without using using those tuners”.

I do not want a recording missed because the tuner is being used for live viewing. Since Channels does not recognize AitTV, it seemed a simple approach.

Did sling just loose 20 TVE channels!?

Did Sling ever have 20 channels? The offering was pretty poor when I tested it about a year ago.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Replacing slingbox

I have 83 channels with sling blue. Having said that, only 8 channels are premium.

I was thinking about signing up for Sling Blue/Orange with the Sports package. Can anyone confirm if the following channels work with TVE:

Fox News
Big Ten Network
ESPN
ESPN2
FS1
HGTV

Thanks

I can watch the following via TVE on Channels with Sling as my provider:

Fox News
ESPN
ESPN2
FS1

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Are you on Blue or Orange?

This was posted earlier in this thread, but putting it here again: it should tell you what channels you can and cannot get via TVE, plus it provides a sign-in link to test availability: Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability

According to your link all the channels I want appear to be available BUT Big Ten Network. Is that because it's an "add-on" service? If I add it, would it then work in TVE?