Hulu is dead and how to setup YouTube tv

Good morning all I'm writing because like many of you I've experienced issues with Hulu TV again having issues with certain channels not taking the password and working the way they're supposed to which is likely a Disney issue. As much as I like Hulu TV I decided to try something different and try YouTube TV however when I try to use the password and go in and use it Google blocks the page from loading saying it cannot authorize because Google blocks it and is unsecure. I've had hulu TV for about a year and very happy, however it's time to move on to something that actually works of all the post I've read it seems YouTube works and the pricing seems comparable. If there is a specific thread with instructions on how to get past this security issue with YouTube TV can someone please point me to it so I can follow the instructions. Currently I'm getting around this by using an antenna for my local channels and Philo TV for all the rest which is cheaper but I'd like to have everything in one location if possible. Huge thanks to developers for continuing to have such a great product and thank you to all for any help you can provide.

Have you created a family account with no 2fa anf ussd those credentials when setting up tve?

I did not...I didn't think I needed to... Are there a specific set of instructions I should follow in this? If this is too painful to set up I will also look at direct TV steam...

I just created a seperate gmail account and then followed the instructions

https://support.google.com/googleone/answer/7251139?hl=en-GB

There are three long running topics about YouTubeTV TVE issues. These are all pinned (sticky) in the Channels DVR Server TV Everywhere section TV Everywhere - Channels Community

Summary here

FWIW, I signed up for Hulu Live and like others here, I found that it wouldn't authorize.

I ensured I used the docker version of the Channels DVR server because of the 2-factor issue. But it was still failing.

I then read that some people had success calling customer support and reporting issues access it via TVE.

So I called. Gave me account information, Described my issue and told her I had read that there was some kind of fix that she could apply to get it working. She asked me to try it again. I did and everything just worked.

She claimed to have done nothing. But I have my doubts. It never worked until I called support. It has worked consistently since then.

your mileage may vary.

1 Like

So as an update to this I decided to run an update on the server. I ended up getting the pre-release version. I decided to try Hulu and it worked. I know pre-releases are unstable so I'm treating this as a small victory for now and I'm also using Philo until I decide if I'm going to shut it down or not. Thank you for all the questions that You have answered to this newbie.

If you're going to be using TVE, that is recommended (almost necessary).

Ive been using pre-releases for 2 years without any issues whatsoever. You won't have any issues...

2 Likes