Provider - YouTube TV

Please try with v2022.07.05.1953 or later

I upgraded to this version this afternoon. But cannot get HGTV to authorize with a youtube ID on Win 10 pro after the upgrade. It does work on HGTV website (logging in with youtube tv) and it does work on Channels with a Direct TV login.

This is still giving me the browser or app is insecure. Running 2022.07.05.2313

Could this be related? I know it has been a month, but just noticed this:

I had this happen yesterday. Started losing channels and not able to re-authenticate them. The only thing that finally worked was these steps

1. Remove YTTV as a source
  2. Create another Google account
  3. Add the new google account to my YTTV family group.
  4. Open NBC.com in Chrome on the machine running Channels and log in with YTTV credentials. Stream a live source.
  5. Open Channels in a private tab on the same instance of Chrome.
  6. Add YTTV back as a TVE source.

Still getting the same error with version 2022.07.05.2313.

This is the same issue that happened around this time last year.

It took about two months to find a solution:

There is no quick fix to this, and YTTV will likely randomly remain broken for some accounts and on some OS for a while.

I'm tracking the upstream discussion on our chrome automation library here, here and here where the same errors are being reported. When a fix is discovered we will include it in the DVR.

Definitely something to that.
I've used the same method a few times when one of my Discovery network channels fails re-auth.
Once I have the discovery network website channel streaming in the web browser, opened another tab in the same browser and played the same channel live from the DVR web UI and it authed.
Only difference is I use Firefox and my provider is xfinity.

Please try with v2022.07.06.1622

The method from mtmbkr60 worked for me. I had removed YouTube TV as a source because I could not access about 8 channels (HGTV, ID Network, etc) and could not add it back. It is running on a Synology 920+. Using version 2022.07.05.2313 I went thru the steps and now all is good.

The new pre-release above worked for me. I can access my channels again. You do need your phone with you to approve the request for access by Google.

1 Like

When? First time only?

Ensure you have no recovery options (email,phone) on the Google account associated with your YTTV sign-on. I don't think you should be getting any approval requests if you have no recovery options. Note that there are indications (discussed months ago in this thread) that the Google account you're using should never have had recovery options.

Good luck!

I checked. I don't have either of those two options chosen and there is no recovery phone or e-mail listed. Very odd.

And there never were recovery options for this Google account, right?

I don't quite understand how you're getting notifications on your phone. How are they received if there is no email or phone number associated with the account?

I updated to 2022.07.06.1622 and it worked, I was able to access all the Discovery channels (using YTTV) again.

I'm curious on the fix. Seems there was no solution when I posted my issue a few days ago.

1 Like

This worked for me too! Thanks!

1 Like

Like a lot of users I had trouble adding YouTube TV, it kept erroring on NBC. I created a new Gmail account with only the minimal required entries, linked it to my family group, and was able to add YouTube TV to TVE with only one minor issue. All channels were added except PBS, which is in my plan and is available if I go to the the YouTube TV website.

So any suggestions on how to add the local PBS stations?

PBS is not available via TVE

OK I will ask, why is PBS not available?

The streams were changed in a way to make them incompatible

I am not the user who did this, but when I looked into it, I find that in my Google Account's Security settings page, I can turn on "Use your phone to sign in". The process of doing this does require entering a recovery phone number, which may lead to Google forcing 2FA on the account, so I did not proceed past that point for testing.

Pretty sure you can't get notifications on a phone without supplying a phone number.