Request: Clock

Is there a way to get a current time line on the EPG or a clock on the guide to show current time/progress though a show?

2 Likes

Is this possible at all? Or something that could be seen in future updates?

1 Like

Agreed this would be very useful, the timeline works well on the specific program you are working but on the guide it is often difficult to understand where the program / time is up too

2 Likes

Did not realize this thread was here. Completely agree. Nearly all DVR guides have a clock.

1 Like

Any devs reading this? Would like to know if it’s possible?

Almost certain that they are aware of this request as many have asked :slightly_smiling_face: I'm sure it's on their list!

Could we get some sort of reply from dev's if this is on short/long list?

Well, the request is outstanding since 2017, so I’m guessing that it’s at the bottom of a long list, and getting pushed down for other cool stuff they want to do first.

I was unaware the request has been there since 2017. I do like the features of Channels but I would think just adding simple clock is low hanging fruit particularly given that it seems to be a frequent request. I am relatively new here but do you recall reading the request for 2 years or is there an actual list of community requests?

1 Like

There isn’t a list of all currently requested features, just a feature request area. Also doing a search for CLOCK would yield results.

Here is one of the threads from 2018

1 Like

Thanks for the links. I guess adding a clock is just too complex :roll_eyes:

It's more about priorities. A clock appears to be low on the list. For context, when I joined the community last year, Channels DVR didn't have auto commercial skip. Now it does. Lately they are working on integrating TVE. It's a small dev team and they are focusing on hard, but awesome features. There are always trade-offs and they will undoubtedly disappoint some while exciting others with what they do work on.

1 Like

Again, bringing another old thread back up. Apologies, but this is certainly something that would be useful and obviously others are feeling the same way. This certainly seems like something that would be easy to achieve though I don't know how the data in the EPG display updates. I'm pretty surprised that this request is two years old.

1 Like

@tmm1 Not sure how often the devs look at these feature requests, but this one has become the top most requested feature for Fire TV. It seems like low hanging fruit as far as effort goes. Is there any chance that you guys might look at adding it for an upcoming release?

2 Likes

I’d like to see a clock on Apple TV as well

2 Likes

If you haven't already, scroll to the top of this thread and hit the Vote button.

[EDIT: Oh, wait. I see you said Apple TV. Nevermind, then.]

1 Like

+1 vote for clock

2 Likes