SAT>IP Support / M3U file integration into Channels DVR

Hi,

New to Channels DVR.

Interested to see whether I can get my SAT>IP servers setup within Channels DVR. I've found xteve which can emulate a HDHR tuner, then load an m3u file, but just wondering if there is an easier way?

Anyone know how I can easily generate / edit an a SAT>IP m3u file? Instead of me having to manually edit m3u list?

Is there possibility of SAT>IP support being integrated into channels DVR at all?

Thanks.

dont mean to be rude...but...
there are several existing threads on this (just use search).....tldr. no Channels does NOT support this and never will. they have no intentions to support m3u. they(and general tone here on this forum board) think iptv services are all illegal pirated content.

My advice, if u want native .m3u support, use Emby.
But for Channels, only option is to deal with the unstable idea of emulating a HDHR and manually making guide source data.

1 Like

The only reason i would have to consider M3U is on the basis that it is the only way i can see how to use SAT>IP.

I stopped using Emby and moved to channels DVR.

I Used to use DVB Viewer & Kodi, tried Plex, used Emby for a few months and now onto this.

What SAT>IP equipment are you using?

I've used Emby for several years, and Windows Media Center before that, for live tv use, had a HDHR Prime those days.
Channels DVR is very good for strictly Live TV and moderate DVR use for use with a HDHR tuner and/or TVE sources.
A nice "Cable set top box" replacement, imo.

It is not, and never has been, a software geared for "Home Media Server" use for local content.

Many Channels users, use Channels for their Live Tv needs, and use much more mature software, like Emby, Jellyfin, Plex, Kodi...etc for their home server needs.

Would be nice to have more input options, so one could unifi their sources into one app (HDHR, CC, OTA, TVE, IPTV)...but, don't think they will expand on that anytime soon. I have read that one can use Channels DVR server it self, as a tuner source for Emby/Plex though, so u can make use of its TVE support elsewhere.

1 Like

Yeah.

To be honest I got had emby connected to my SAT IP setup working OK, but the channel loading was slow and all I'm after is way to watch and record live TV.
The thing attracting me to channels DVR is that it's focused more on the live TV side of things rather than a media centre. My HDHR box seems to be working well, would just love to be able to get my SAT IP server running with it.

Well, to do so, is very complex a thing. you will have to read up on other threads, and dont expect any official help.

I advised to use Emby, cause it is native support. just load the .m3u as tuner, select guide data option.. boom, done and works in few seconds. I have my iptv setup there and works fine, for live and recording. (assuming u have thier paid version Premier or whatver....i forget live tv is now part of paid version...i have it so long, i have lifetime license)

I have a Kathrein EXIP4124 SAT IP server. Its connected to a dish with a wideband lnb pointed at Astra 28.2 for UK Freesat TV.

I used to use DVB Viewer setup with SAT IP which worked very well, however things like setting up series links was never easy. The reliability however was good.

I moved to Plex a few months ago, their DVR setup seems buggy so tried Emby. Was using Emby with an M3U list I created so I could watch live TV through via the sat ip server. It worked OK.

I decided to try channels DVR as I just wanted something reliable that would work for live TV recording. My HDHR box seems to be working really well with Channels DVR. It would just be good for me to be able to integrate the sat ip server into my channels DVR setup.

1 Like

The official SAT>IP request thread is here: Sat->ip support

We would like to add SAT>IP support, but its complicated and we're still trying to gather information about what parts of the spec different types of equipment support.

If you can email us the desc.xml and a sample m3u that will be helpful for our R&D efforts.

2 Likes