TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

So what is it?
Was it removed from TVE until they get their stream setup

Or did they go subscription based (and what do you mean, you need to subscribe to a service vs. free?)

It's in my Xfinity subscription but errors out with login not supported trying to watch the TVE channel

I can confirm that my BBCA recording and live viewing has worked without issue after upgrading to the latest Beta. thanks for the quick update!

2 Likes

More or less, yes? There is currently no way to stream The Weather Channel online right now using a TVEverywhere login. The only way to stream it I'm aware of is cable provider-specific websites like Xfinity Stream.

It's worth noting that even via TVEverywhere (when it was working), you can't get the full Weather Channel experience. I think the only way to get locally inserted content (current conditions and temperature, and Local On The 8's) is via a cable TV feed. (This is also why The Weather Channel is the only non-broadcast channel to still be in MPEG-2 on Comcast... its feed is locally originated, so it still uses an MPEG-2 encoder on the physical premises of your cable provider, instead of Comcast's centralized MPEG-4 feeds like other channels).

1 Like

The Weather channel is Working on Fitzy tv without a login.

First off I wanted to say that this feature feels like magic and I can't believe how seamlessly it integrates into the DVR/Apps.

I was trying to read through the thread and figure out how to add Fox Sports Kansas City and Fox Sports Midwest to my channel lineup, sorry if I missed it. Both channels work for me in the Fox Sports Go app, but I didn't see them anywhere in Channels. Thanks!

1 Like

Assuming you've enabled it per

Then posts 380, 416 and 487 in this thread

1 Like

Thanks, good info I didn't know about

IIRC, If a program set to record is available earlier on TVE it will record from TVE, even when TVE is the lowest priority source. I prefer to record from TVE only when my other tuners are unavailable. Is there a way to force this?

I was under the impression that the order of the services on the DVR dictated the preference of recordings, be that TVE, cable or OTA devices. I know since the clients can have a different order than the server this can lead to some confusion, but I thought those preferences were still obeyed. Are you seeing something different?

Comskip fails on TVE movie recordings from SyFy channel. Also MCEBuddy fails when trying to remux the video. I'm on the latest Beta build 2019.07.09.0315.

I've sent the log file to [email protected]

2019/07/08 22:06:01 [MTS] Statistics for "Movies\The Magnificent Seven (2016) 2019-07-08-1900.mpg": skipped=80 unhandled_packets=0 discontinuity_detected=19 transport_errors=0 invalid_pts=0 invalid_dts=0 saw_pcr=true saw_pmt=true highest_pts=11234.292322

You can disable the east coast feeds so it doesn't try to record the earlier airings.

What does MCEBuddy fail with? We can look at improving the interaction. Can you send logs of the MCEBuddy run to [email protected]?

I've already sent requested info to [email protected].

1 Like

Are you on the latest build?

I had to make sure to update. And then I actually had to remove the TVE source, and re-add it for it to finally pick up the Fox regionals.

It's working for me now. Aman made some tweaks to the build last night that added the KC channel. Thanks!

Cool!

I have to say...very impressed how quickly this small team of developers get work done on this product.

The TVE experience has grown tremendously in just the couple of weeks it launched.

2 Likes

My Fox Sports Midwest says not-entitled even though I do get the channel in my package.

Do you see it when you login to www.foxsportsgo.com ?

Site FAQ's state: You need to receive the channel in your TV channel lineup and log in with your TV provider in order to watch them in FOX Sports GO. Some channels may not yet be available for every TV provider or on every platform.

Before anyone wastes their time with it: PlayOn is awful. Used it a year ago and it was always breaking and having issues for me and their support was useless. Channels DVR (especially with the server running on an Nvidia Shield) is heads and shoulders above PlayOn and the support provided by tmm is unrivaled.

1 Like

I not saying Playon was good. Iā€™m seeing if Channels
could record on demand like Playon does.

2 Likes