YouTube TV - blocked by Google - almost fixed

Providers that work with TVE are getting to be a little slim.
I moved over to using ADB Tuner for YTTV if I want service.
I let Philo help with TVE duties as it relates to Reelz etc.

How did you find the picture quality of YoutubeTV with your encoder? Im using Hulu now and a lot of channels looks downright bad. Its not the encoders fault, its Hulu... When I use the NBC app the quality is perfect so I know it isnt the encoder...

Using a LinkPi and a couple of cromecasts, the YTTV picture quality seems fine. With Hulu, I would get a few seconds of terrible quality and audio out of sync then it would pause and fix itself. I don't have that with YTTV.

I think YTTV looks the best.
I don't have to keep logging stuff in
Hulu has to be watched to make sure stuff stays logged in.

Are you able to do TVE as well with YTTV?

Hi there,
Due to limitations in place I'm not able to use TVE on YTTV at all.
I'm using a Synology. Really wish the streams't weren't encrypted.
thankfully Philo has good TVE access and Fubo still works.

I am able to use TVE with my server running on Debian 12. About the same as Hulu, but I do suppliment with Philo and Frndly

Glad to hear that you were able to get YTTV working for mostly the sports networks. Philo and FRNDLY can handle the non-spports stuff.
Added ADB Tuner and have Get comedy and TV One.
When i had YTTV i wa in the process of replacing the Tvland stuff with stufff from ADB due to the way commercial breaks are handled.
Glad to hear a good update.

I'm trying to setup YTTV on my Channels DVR which I'm running on a QNAP server. Unfortunately I'm getting blocked. The following error msg is in the logs. "Auth failed for YouTubeTV: Blocked by Google: This browser or app may not be secure".

Any suggestions for resolving this error?

The problem with YTTV has been happening for months.
did you try installing the latest pre-release software?

I just tried installing pre-release 2024.05.22.1908 and I'm still getting blocked by Google.

Here is what the developers have said about the issue. Nothing new since December.

A few sticky threads discussing it.

1 Like

How are you getting frndly tv into Channels DVR without TVE?

I got TVE through YTTV to work first try. Will it fail at some point?

Mine hasn't.

There is a docker to get frndly into channels Frndly TV for Channels

I use Windows and have never used docker.

There is a way to do it without Docker, if you don't mind installing Python.

Look for "No Docker" on this page:

I have Python. Haven't used it in a while.. I'll take a gander at your links. Thanks!

2 Likes